Re: [ecasound] Newbie - can't write ecasound recorded .wav files to CD

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Newbie - can't write ecasound recorded .wav files to CD
From: Luke Tindall (luke@maths.ex.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 10:59:40 EET

On Friday 15 December 2000 12:42, you wrote:
> I was successful in recording a series of .wav files using ecasound, but
> when I tried
> to write them to a CD using Adaptec's EasyCD under windows ME (sorry,
> it's all
> I could find that supports ATAPI CDRW drives)

You have to use the scsi drivers in particular ide-scsi. Check out the
cd-writing howto at:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html

I use an ide drive with no problems.

, it complains that the file
> is not in audio format. Playing it under Winamp also doesn't work - it
> doesn't
> complain, just doesn't do anything. Is there some other format (than
> .wav) that
> I should choose? Any hints would be appreciated, and I'll be glad to
> RTFM if
> somebody can tell me where the FM is - the ecasound man pages sort of
> assume that everybody knows what .cdr, etc., mean.
>
> Thanks very much,
> Larry Weaver

Specify the format of the wav file with
-f:16,2,44100 (16 bit stereo at 44100 hz).

eg.
ecasound -f:16,2,44100 -i:/dev/dsp0 -o eg.wav

--
Luke Tindall