[ecasound] A very weird bug

Subject: [ecasound] A very weird bug
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 22:35:58 EET

This is certainly one of the weirdest things I have seen, I'll let the
commands and response speak:

# First I run a command to incredibly slow down a file, with interactive mode enabled.
$ ecasound -i:/mnt/tmp/file.wav -o:/dev/dsp -ei:10 -c
# Ecasound sefgaults when I issue the start command.
# So I want to run strace and, to make it easier, I run it in non-interactive mode.
$ strace ecasound -i:/mnt/tmp/file.wav -o:/dev/dsp -ei:10
# Well it works just fine!
# So I think, "How weird!" to myself and decide to run in interactive mode with debugging info enabled.
$ ecasound -d:255 -i:/mnt/tmp/file.wav -o:/dev/dsp -ei:10 -c
# It works too!
# I checked to make sure that I wasn't crazed and ran it as I had done first, and well, it segfaulted again!

note: I repeated the sequence and this behaviour is constant...

Any idea?