Re: [ecasound] A bug in writing wave headers?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] A bug in writing wave headers?
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 00:07:09 EET

On Sat, 9 Dec 2000, S. Massy wrote:

> Has something been changed in the code responsible for writing wave
> files headers?
> It seems that ecasound leaves a zero in the length field, or so
> complained foreign applications. To play a wave produced by ecasound
> with sox I had to put it into "raw mode". I didn't have this problem

Nothing has been changed in a long while. Ecasound initialized the
length to zero when wav-file is create, and only updates the field
when closing the file (only then we know the length of the created
file). Now in some cases (ecasound crashes, etc), the wave-header might
not get updated. If this happens "ecasound -i broken.wav -o fixed.wav"
should do the trick. I tried latest ecasound&sox combination and worked
fine for me.