[ecasound] A bug in writing wave headers?

Subject: [ecasound] A bug in writing wave headers?
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 19:56:00 EET

Has something been changed in the code responsible for writing wave
files headers?
It seems that ecasound leaves a zero in the length field, or so
complained foreign applications. To play a wave produced by ecasound
with sox I had to put it into "raw mode". I didn't have this problem
before yesterday's update to the CVS tree. What may be the cause of
this problem?