[ecasound] ECI, it works!

Subject: [ecasound] ECI, it works!
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 03:30:33 EET

Ok, I've just finished implementing the core parts of ECI API, in all
three target languages! I'll put the code to CVS right away. Here's
some proof :) ...

--cut--
Python 2.0 (#1, Oct 16 2000, 18:10:03)
[GCC 2.95.2 19991024 (release)] on linux2
>>> import pyeca
>>> a = pyeca.ECA_CONTROL_INTERFACE()
ECI: pyeca_control_new, C++ constructor
>>> a.command("xlle")
>>> print a.last_type()

>>> print a.last_error()
Unknown command!
>>> a.command("cs-add test")
(eca-controller) Selected chainsetup: "test".
(eca-controller) Added a new chainsetup with name "test".
>>> a.command("c-status")
Controller/Chain status
Setting last string to Chain "default" [bypassed] [selected] .
>>> a.last_type()
's'
>>> a.last_string()
'Chain "default" [bypassed] [selected] '
>>> del a
ECI: pyeca_control_del, C++ destructor

--cut--

Yup, it works just like in the proposal. A new addition is the
'last_type()' function. This return a short string describing
the return type of the last ECI command ('s' = string, 'S' list
of strings, 'f' = float, 'i' = integer, and so on).

PS Event support isn't yet supported as I'm still not sure
   how to do it.

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .