Re: [ecasound] ecasound freezes when using chains

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound freezes when using chains
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 23:33:12 EET

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Ken Lynch wrote:

> I know that someone else reported this problem about 6 months ago, but
> I was wondering if there was any further progress.
[...]
> The problem is that ecasound freezes when using any command line using
> the -a option. I tried both stable and development versions using the
[....]
> I'm currently using Slackware 7.1 with the alsa drivers for a YMF744

Unfortunately this is still an open case. I've browsed through numerous
gdb-traces, and everything looks just ok. Then when cloning a STL string
object (a _very_ common C++ feature), boom, it crashes. Only common thing
is the distribution - this problem seems to only occur on some Mandrake
versions and Slackware.

Now I have never been able to reproduce this problem myself, so there's
little I can do about at the moment. It definitely is some kind library
compatibility problem: gcc, libstdc++, glibc, ncurses ... one of those
packages has been compiled with some not-so-common options. Btw; do
ecaplay, ecanormalize, and other work?

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .