Re: [ecasound] Wishlist item: YIFF

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Wishlist item: YIFF
From: janne halttunen (jhalttun@pp.htv.fi)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 16:51:44 EET

> Secondly, I'd like to ask a technical question:
> I'd like to try my hands at writing a simple tracker in
> any high-level env. likee Emacs or so. Could I use
> ecasound as multichannel mixer app for mixing all samples
> together, or does this go out of scope of ecasound.
> My understanding is that a chain can only hav e on aio object
> attached at input and output. What I'd need is something like:
> ecasound -a:ch1 -i /dev/null
> -samp:filename.wav,45920,0,0.5
> -samp:filename.wav,33020,0.5,0.5
> -o /dev/dsp
>
> where samp is a kind of effect which reads in the aio-object (.wav,.mp3...),
> sets resampling rate to param2, sets position in chain to param3
> and length of sample to param4.
>
> This could be very nice for other things too as you
> could place some samples at arbitrary possitions very easy.

Just a thought, Kai, could something like this be made possible in ewf? (don't know about changing the sampling rate on-the-fly, though)

Mario, if you're interested about primitive tracker-startings from the gui-point of view, see:

http://www.helsinki.fi/~jhalttun/heteca/heteca-HTML/Heteca/ui/cursesui/tracker.py.html
(no screenshot, sorry)

main project page:
http://www.helsinki.fi/~jhalttun/heteca/