Re: [ecasound] New double-buffering: report after a quick try

Subject: Re: [ecasound] New double-buffering: report after a quick try
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 18:48:33 EET

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, S. Massy wrote:

*clip*
> > /dev/dsp), even with low buffersize. Oh, one more thing, commands to
> > move around in the files, such as fw, rw and setpos, yielded VERY
> > strange results, not the ones expected at any rate.
>
> Ah, they should work, but when you set a new position, the db-buffer area
> isn't (yet) flushed. So you'll first hear few seconds from the old
> position, and then playback will move to the new position. This will have
> to be fixed.
Ok, it is as you said for the most part, except that after the
playback ends (approximatively two seconds before the end of the file
as you stated) if I, for example, issue a "setpos 0" the remaining two
seconds are flushed from the buffer (played) but then an underrun
occurs and ecasound exits (I repeated this behaviour four times in a
row).

BTW, it is hard to see it as things are pretty unstable yet, but once
this feature gets usable it will be a great improvement for recording
tasks, I'm looking forward to it. :)

S. Massy