Re: [ecasound] New double-buffering: report after a quick try

Subject: Re: [ecasound] New double-buffering: report after a quick try
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 02:55:04 EET

Ok, updated the CVS-tree again. Quite a few small changes (see NEWS for
the up-to-date list). But the main thing is of course -z:db ...

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

>> command) all output was frozen: that is although I could type commands
> 'reset' command (from the ncurses package) is your friend here.

I've now removed most debug messages. You can get some of them back using
-d param.

>> position (with the fs command) showed me that ecasound really thought
>> that it was arrived at the end of the file. I did all my testing using
> Hmm, yes, at the moment end-of-file occurs about 1-2secs too early because

This should be now fixed.

> True. At the moment, size of the double-buffer is hard-coded to 64 *
> buffersize. So if you lower the buffersize much beyond 1024 (which I

This has changed. You can now specify a default size in ~/.ecasoundrc. On
the command-line you can override the default by issuing something like
'-z:db,200000'. Buffersize in in sample frames (defaults to 100000).

>> move around in the files, such as fw, rw and setpos, yielded VERY
>> strange results, not the ones expected at any rate.

These are still broken. I need to come up with a clean solution.

Also, -z:db now behaves fine under SCHED_FIFO priority (-r).

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .