Re: [ecasound] Can I define wave postion?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Can I define wave postion?
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 00:26:46 EET

On Sat, 4 Nov 2000, Luis Pablo Gasparotto wrote:

> Iīm using QtEcasound and I canīt find the way to define wav files
> position when I load these in "qtecasound-chainsetup: command-line-setup
[...]
> Is there some way to solve this or I have to use console mode?

Well, actually everything that is possible in the console mode is
possible in qtecasound. Just enter the appropriate ia-mode command using
the "qtecasound CLI" input.

> Another question is there some way to save chainsetup files generated
> with QtEcasound?

Qtecasound lacks many important features, but luckily you can use the
ia-mode commands as described above. So yes, with the help of 'cs-save'
and 'cs-save-as filename.ecs' commands. One useful command is 'cs-edit'
which loads the currently selected chainsetup into an external text editor
(as configure in your ~/.ecasoundrc).