Re: [ecasound] Solaris Build

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Solaris Build
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 00:31:47 EET

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Matthew Angell wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has had any luck running ecasound on
> Solaris. After some tweaking and installing ncurses, I was able to get

One guy reported that he managed to get ecasound running on a Solaris
2.6 box. He had to made a few changes, which are now included in the
standard ecasound tree (CVS + versions >=1.8.2, not yet released).
What version of ecasound (and Solaris) you tried?

> Howver, after intallation if I run the simple command 'ecasound -d1' and

Hmm, how about 'ecasound -d:1' or 'ecasound --help'? :)

> I also tried the --enable-sys-readline, but it doesn't appear
> that there is such a thing for Solaris (maybe a GNU library?). So I'm

That shouldn't be a problem. Readline refers to the GNU Readline
library. Ecasound comes with one version of it (the readline-4.0
directory). --enable-sys-readline forces ecasound to be compiled against
an already installed readline lib, instead of the 4.0 version that comes
along with ecasound.