Re: [ecasound] Trying to normalize two channels independently

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Trying to normalize two channels independently
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 00:09:17 EET

On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, Andy Loening wrote:

> #to combine back into one channel
> ecasound -sr:48000 \
> -a:1 -f:s16_le,1,48000 -i channel_1.wav \
> -a:2 -f:s16_le,1,48000 -i channel_2.wav \
> -a:1,2 -f:s16_le,2,48000 -o try_again.wav
[...]
> It all seems okay up until the last command where I'm trying to convert
> the two mono channels back into a single stereo file. When I use the
> command as written above, I get both incoming channels on the left channel
> of the output file.

You'll need to add a "-erc:1,2 -eac:0,1" to the second chain. This will
copy the data from ch1 to ch2, and then mute (0% amplify) ch1. So when
writing to 'try_again.wav' we have two chains, "1" with one channel
of audio, and "2" with ch1 muted and ch2 containing the audio from
'channel_2.wav'.

> I also have a question about ecanormalize. Is ecanormalize going to
> internally resample to 44100 when it's doing it's thing?

Nope, it uses the sampling rate of the input file when processing.