RE: huge todo-list (was: Re: [ecasound] MISC: Of dump-commands)

Subject: RE: huge todo-list (was: Re: [ecasound] MISC: Of dump-commands)
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 12:22:10 EEST

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Rob Coker wrote:

>> 2. Metronome
>> This is another familiar todo item. Would definitely be an useful
> I've got this done - kind of. I made a pulse envelope modulation unit. So
> I run the LADSPA sine wave through the pulse envelope, then through a low
[...]
> It would be nice to have one effect -em: ... that would translate to the
> above chain, but I don't have a clue how to do that. I'll try to get what
> I've got into the mailing list. I'm not sure if I can do cvs or not.

Hmm, is the pulse envelope implemented as a native effect or LADSPA
plugin? Anyway, if you want, you can send me the current source and I'll
take a look at it. Possible solutions: using a preset to combine the
needed operators into a single operator (of course, now we need a preset
parameter: tempo), or write it as a native effect.

PS At least now, when patch-traffic is quite slow, I don't want to
   enforce any tight 'how to submit' rules. If you want to contribute
   to ecasound, anything goes; you can send the C-source, almost working
   C++ code, a diff to latest ecasound tree. It won't take much of
   my time to integrate these to the CVS tree.

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .