Re: [ecasound] still can't record.

Subject: Re: [ecasound] still can't record.
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 22:56:46 EEST

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> other 2 don't have diddly squat. I tried recording using /dev/dsp for
> about 10 to 20 seconds. Who can guess which one is the real song? Yep,
> it's the small one at 40M. Actually a 4 minute long song as opposed to
[...]
> Does anyone have any ideas why? Could it be that I need to update
> Mandrake. Oh joy!

Hmm, I recommend that you play around with the soundcard settings; try
different irq and dma values, etc. You might also want to try different
drivers (if available for your card); ALSA, OSS/kernel and OSS/commercial
(they have free trial versions available). This way you can better isolate
the problem.