[ecasound] still can't record.

Subject: [ecasound] still can't record.
From: Patrick Shirkey (kotau@firstlinux.net)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 19:04:12 EEST

Check this out. One of these files actually has a whole song and the other 2 don't have diddly squat. I tried recording using /dev/dsp for about 10 to 20 seconds. Who can guess which one is the real song? Yep, it's the small one at 40M. Actually a 4 minute long song as opposed to the 10 to 20 seconds of nothing that the other 2 piglets gobbled.

Does anyone have any ideas why? Could it be that I need to update Mandrake. Oh joy!

Patrick.

[root@localhost alsa-utils-0.5.9b]# du /art/music/tes
test1.wav test2.wav test.wav
[root@localhost alsa-utils-0.5.9b]# du /art/music/test1.wav