Re: [ecasound] alsa not responding but oss emulation works fine.

Subject: Re: [ecasound] alsa not responding but oss emulation works fine.
From: Patrick Shirkey (kotau@firstlinux.net)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 05:41:19 EEST

Seems your suggestions have clicked and it is now working.

I must have had some bad processes running. I cleaned up with ps -a and kill -9.

Fittingly the first purely alsa song through ecasound was bird in hand by Lee Scratch Perry and the Upsetters.

However. I am using kde and when I switched between desktops 1 and 4 there was a huge drop in sound quality. When I went to 3 it got better then back to 4 and it was fine again. It took a few travels but sound quality was eventually restored, even on desktop 1.

Next on the list is recording for more than 30 seconds. I think the biggest problem I face here is user error.

Nice to know that it does work on my machine which is a Samsung notebook. Now all we need is notebooks with digital soundcards.

I have been wondering if you have any plans to intergrate the console approach of ecasound with the gui approach of ardour. I guess this would be a huge task but man would it be worth it.

Thanks Kai.

Patrick.