Re: [ecasound] Heteca pre-release

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Heteca pre-release
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 22:43:19 EEST

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> ecasound ('h' for help)> -i:/art/music/Dub/02the_upsetters__vibrator.mp3 -o:alsa
> ecasound ('h' for help)> t
> (eca-controller) Warning! No chainsetup connected. Trying to connect currently selected chainsetup.
> - [ Chainsetup/Enabling audio inputs ] -------------------------------------
> (eca-audio-objects) Audio object "/art/music/Dub/02the_upsetters__vibrator.mp3", mode "read".
> (audio-io) Using audio format specified in file header data.
[...]
> (eca-audio-objects) Audio object "/art/music/Dub/02the_upsetters__vibrator.mp3", mode "read".
> (audio-io) Using audio format specified in file header data.

These multiple entries of the same file seem suspicious. If some object
appears twice in a chainsetup, there's an error somewhere. You can select
multiple chains, and then add a single audio input/output. This way
the object will be attached to all selected chains, but you shouldn't
add (or be able to add) the same file multiple times.

Hmm, could you do a 'cs-save-as some.ecs' in the above situation, and send
the 'some.ecs' file to me privately and I'll take a look. And of course,
the usual debugging tips:

- increase debug-level; -d:255 to enable _all_ messages; info
  provided this way is extremely helpful when debugging
- compile a debug-version of ecasound (see ecasound FAQ for details);
  using a debug version, errors are usually catched before a seg.fault
  and ecasound is able to print more verbose description of the problem

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .