Re: [ecasound] Heteca pre-release

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Heteca pre-release
From: Marc Lavallée (odradek@videotron.ca)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 05:48:33 EEST

lee wrote :

> may just go ahead and finally get soundblaster live it seems to be the best
> supported ?
>
> any reccomendations ?..

For a cheap card, the soundblaster is hard to beat, but use the Creative
OSS open source drivers, they're better than ALSA, at least on my
system.

I have a question regarding joystick support with the soundblaster.
Heteca uses the joystick port, but I still don't understand how to
install the soundblaster joystick port. I use kernel 2.4. What's the
recipe?

Marc