Re: [ecasound] MIDI-feature wish-list

Subject: Re: [ecasound] MIDI-feature wish-list
From: Mario Lang (mlang@home.delysid.org)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 20:58:46 EEST

"S. Massy" <theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org> writes:

> On Mon, 02 Oct 2000, Mario Lang wrote:
> > Julien Claassen <jclaassen@gmx.de> writes:
> >
> > > Hello!
> > > Would it still be possible to use the normal console-version "ecasound",
> > > when interfacing it to those midi-sequencers. I searched for a
> > > midi-sequencer working with console, but only found programs with
> > > graphic-interfaces. So I can't use graphic, but I'm working a lot with
> > > midi, but up to now, I haven't had a clean solution for recording.
> > Biggest MINUS for all blind Musicians who want to transit
> > to Linux: There is no text-mode MIDI sequencer. Only thingas I found
> > were scripting thingies which could be used to generate MIDI events, but
> > there is nothing like PowerTrack for DOS or anything else.
> *NOD* *NOD* Damn right, my friend... Is powertrack freely available, and if so where? I'd like to see how it'd react under dosemu...
Unfortunately not. I have one copy lying around anywhere.
But it is definitly not the way to go. I am too much of an linux fanatic
to have it run under dosemu. I wont real linux applications which
do this. Besides, it is not open source, therefore not interesting
cos it cant get extended.

--
CYa,
   Mario <mlang@delysid.org>