Re: [ecasound] MIDI-feature wish-list

Subject: Re: [ecasound] MIDI-feature wish-list
From: Luke Tindall (luke@maths.ex.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 11:01:13 EEST

Being able to play back a midi file would be great. At the moment I do my
midi stuff in jazz and then make a stereo wav file from the midi sequences.
If I could play back the midi file this cuts down on the overhead of playing
the synth stuff as audio. If there was a way of synching ecasound to a chosen
midi sequencer then I would be able to edit both midi data and audio at the
same time. Although jazz supports audio it's not possible to use full duplex
with my awe32. Anyway I prefer ecasound for audio work. Maybe one of the
other midi sequencers melys, binars or muse could be interfaced to ecasound.
One other point: Is it possible to alter the amplitude or panning of chain
items in realtime, either through midi controllers or keys? I find it it
difficult to get a good mix if I can't make adjustments as I listen.

--
Luke Tindall