Re: [ecasound] native effects vs. LADSPA

Subject: Re: [ecasound] native effects vs. LADSPA
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall@uu.net)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 21:30:37 EEST

Plugins in general probably broke this, but one used to be able to build a
static ecasound for use on stupid machines that could not properly run
glibc. Yes, the kernel will allow a static ecasound to mthreaded, but I
find it difficult for a static ecasound to use plugins.

btw, could we have a directive in the makefile for this so that manually
hunting through the various makefiles to make a static ecasound would be
possible? like make static

I mean, static libraries of libecasound are made, why not be able to use
them.

_J