Re: [ecasound] Ecasound + Low Latency Patch?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Ecasound + Low Latency Patch?
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 19:47:15 EEST

On Sat, 9 Sep 2000, Luis Pablo Gasparotto wrote:

> Is there some way to use Ecasound with Ingo´s Low Latency Patch? Can I

Yup, lowlatency patches affect all applications.

> use Ecasound with KURT or RTLinux?

I don't know for sure, but I suspect that it won't work, or it works but
without any rt advantages. I don't know KURT's design details, but at
least with RTLinux the problem is that you'd have to rewrite all
soundcard drivers specifically for RTLinux. The general consensus is that
for normal userspace apps (like ecasound), improving kernel responsiviness
is the way to go. Check LAD (linux-audio-dev) archives for more detailed
info.

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .