Re: [ecasound] adding tracks in real time.

Subject: Re: [ecasound] adding tracks in real time.
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 19:53:42 EEST

On Sat, 9 Sep 2000, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> Do you know what I can do to fix this? It works without the -o option but only through /dev/dsp.
> I definitely have alsa installed.
[...]
> ecasound ('h' for help)> -i:/art/music/test.wav -o:alsa,0,0
> ERROR: [ECA-AUDIO-OBJECTS] : "Format of output alsa not recognized."

What version of ecasound? With ecasound 1.7.x you need to recompile to get
ALSA support. With 1.8.x you have to install the ecaosund-plugins package,
or compile from sources.

> ecasound ('h' for help)> -a:1 -i:/mnt/DOS_hda2/music1/Micronism/track_4.mp3 -a:2 -i:/mnt/DOS_hda2/music1/Micronism/track_3.mp3 -a:all -o:/dev/dsp
> ecasound ('h' for help)> t
> (eca-controller) Warning! No chainsetup connected. Trying to connect currently selected chainsetup.
[...]
> ERROR: [AUDIOIO-OSS] : "unable to open OSS-device to O_RDONLY"

Hmm, this looks like a parsing error. When using the interactive mode,
you're better of using the interactive-mode commands - see
"man ecasound-iam". Parsing of command-line options was added for
convenience, but isn't 100% tested. At least you should give ecasound one
command at a time.

> And last of all, is there a basic command for adding tracks in real time?

This is not possible. For performance reasons, there's only a limited set
of commands, which communicate directly with the main engine (in
real-time). Here's a few of them: setpos, rw, fw, cop-set, start, stop,
c-mute, c-bypass, etc...

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .