Re: [ecasound] Problems with chains

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Problems with chains
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 17:10:38 EEST

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Matthew Angell wrote:

>>> ecasound -t:15 \
>>> -a:1 -i voice.wav \
>>> -a:1 -ea:100 \
>>> -a:2,3 -i mp3/music.mp3 \
>>> -a:2 -ea:0 -kl2:1,0,100,0,5 -gc:0,5 \
>>> -a:3 -ea:100 -kl2:1,100,0,10,5 -gc:5,15
>>> -a:1,2,3 -o /dev/dsp
> That's what I thought too.. but it doesn't work as we expect. Removing the
> first chain makes the background music work just as expected, but with the
> addition of the 1st chain (the voice) it falls apart. As soon as the voice

Yup, I did some testing and there's definitely something weird going
on. I will investigate this further.

One good way to "debug" these complex ecasound setups is to start
ecasound in interactive mode (-c) and then use aio-status (fs, file
status), cop-status (cs, effect status) and ctrl-status (controller
status) commands to see what ecasound is doing at the moment. These commands
work in realtime so you get pretty accurate information.

 . http://www.eca.cx/aivastus ... [ aivastus net radio ] /\ .