RE: [ecasound] oss driver

Subject: RE: [ecasound] oss driver
From: Rob Coker (rcs@birch.net)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 02:12:41 EEST

Thanks for the help. I tried this to record from my tape deck and got a
recording - it was really distorted on peaks (like snare hits). So it is
probably just a dynamic range issue of the dd/*.au combination.

So why can't I get anything from ecasound?

Would it be better if I installed the ALSA driver for my sound card?