Re: [ecasound] Re: [alsa-devel] Re: Usage of Sourceforge (fwd)

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Re: [alsa-devel] Re: Usage of Sourceforge (fwd)
From: lee johnson (lee@imyourhandiman.com)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 00:34:20 EEST

> > -------------------------------
> > [root@localhost /root]# ecasound -c -b:128 -r -f:16,2,44100\
> > > -a:1 -i monitor-/usr/local/cd/mybody-08.wav -o /dev/dsp\
> > > -a:2 -i /dev/dsp -o /usr/local/cd/newsing.wav
> Well, there seems to be an invalid path in this particular example;
> what is:
> monitor-/usr/local/cd/mybody-08.wav ???
>
> Also, are you sure your driver is one that likes you to open the same
> device multiple times?

hi..:)
well /usr/local/cd is the directory which contains my wav file which is how i
understand its done..?
monitor - (Path) ???

secondly........not sure about device multiple times.......i do know that the
driver is OSS compat ..its in a readme file at linux.aureal.com on their driver
page.......

all i know is it can handle
/dev/dsp
/dev/audio
and i think the new driver ( its now being done by programmers whom have taken over
driver since aureal is regrouping their business)
does allow for multiple devices but not sure.......so if it doesn't then that would
cause the seg error???

thanks
lee