[ecasound] Multitrack recording with Midiman Delta 44

Subject: [ecasound] Multitrack recording with Midiman Delta 44
From: Joshua Horvath (Josh_Horvath-AJH051@email.mot.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 17:25:39 EEST

I just got a Midiman Delta 44 that I'd like to do some recording with but I'm not
sure how to get recording working with ecasound. I can play back stereo .wav files
with

ecasound -f:32,10,44100 -i:test.wav -o:alsa,1,0

but if I try to record with something simple like

ecasound -f:32,2,44100 -i:alsa,1,0 -o:test.wav

I get a "Channel count 2 is out of range" error. Ditto for any other number of
channels I specify.

What is the correct format for recording with one of these cards? Do I need the
0.6.x CVS version of ALSA to do multitrack recording?

Thanks,
-Josh