[ecasound] Problems with chains

Subject: [ecasound] Problems with chains
From: Matthew Angell (angell@bohr.layoutwizard.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 08:02:44 EEST

Hello,

  I have come across a seemingly strange characteristic of ecasound-
apologies if the problem comes down to my misuse of the software.

I've set up a simple fade-in fade-out chain as follows:

ecasound -t:15 -a:1,2 mp3/music.mp3 \
-a:1 -ea:0 -kl2:1,0,100,0,5 -gc:0,5 \
-a:2 -ea:100 -kl2:1,100,0,5,5 -gc:5,5

This works like a champ. Fade in for 5 secs, then fade out for 5, with 5
seconds of silence at the end. Cool!

Now I try to add a third chain at the begining with a sound file that is
exactly 10 seconds long (I produced the 10 sec file via an .ewf file
with a -o voice.wav):

ecasound -t:15 -a:1 voice.wav \
-a:2,3 mp3/music.mp3 \
-a:2 -ea:0 -kl2:1,0,100,0,5 -gc:0,5 \
-a:3 -ea:100 -kl2:1,100,0,5,5 -gc:5,5

Thats wierd- now the first half of the fade in is completely silent, and
the last half jumps in out of no where. Through some experimentation, I
added an -ea:100 param to the first chain:

ecasound -t:15 -a:1 voice.wav \
-a:2,3 mp3/music.mp3 \
-a:1 -ea:100 \
-a:2 -ea:0 -kl2:1,0,100,0,5 -gc:0,5 \
-a:3 -ea:100 -kl2:1,100,0,5,5 -gc:5,5

Cool.. now my fade in is back.. but something else wierd happens, at the
10 second mark, when the first chain is done, the music comes back at the
end, where before there was 5 seconds of silence. What might I be doing
wrong??

Thanks in advance..
-Matt