Re: [ecasound] mp3 and other problems

Subject: Re: [ecasound] mp3 and other problems
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 16:43:16 EEST

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> Ecasound seems to work okay with some MP3s and not at all with others.
> ALSAplayer plays all of them fine, so I'm not sure what's up with that.
> When I originally played some files through ecasound they played at twice
> speed or faster (with the pitch shifted). I'm still testing various files.

It looks like your mp3's are at different sampling rates; ecasound
always assumes that it's being fed with data sampled at 44100Hz,
stereo. You have to tell it the truth using the -f switch. For
example, if you're playing a stereo mp3 that's been downsampled to 32 KHz
you would do:
# ecasound -f:16le,2,32000 -i:file.mp3

Hope this helps,
Seb