Re: [ecasound] changes to recognize alsa

Subject: Re: [ecasound] changes to recognize alsa
From: S. Massy (theanaloguekid@tak.net.dhis.org)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 17:23:00 EEST

On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, Jeremy Hall wrote:
>
> > Make sure your internal plugins directory in ~/.ecasoundrc is
> > /usr/local/lib/ecasound-plugins, not, /usr/local/lib/ecasound/plugins
> [...]
Making the change in .ecasoundrc from:
/usr/local/lib/ecasound/plugins
to:
/usr/local/lib/ecasound-plugins
indeed fixed ALSA, thanks for the hint.
> > Personally, I think /usr/local/lib/ecasound/plugins is a better deal, but
> > the installer wants /usr/local/lib/ecasound-plugins, so I changed the
>
> Good that you noticed, there's a mix here. I've been using both
> 'ecasound-plugins' and 'ecasound/plugins'. Hmm, which is better? If we
> decided to use 'ecasound/plugins', should we put all ecasound libs to
> 'prefix/lib/ecasound/'?
I definitely think so; right now, data files are placed in
"prefix/share/ecasound/" so following the same scheme for libraries
would definitely make things more coherent and easier to maintain
upon upgrades.

BTW, maybe a little check routine upon ecasound's startup would be
useful: Check if internal-plugin-directory points to a valid path,
check the same for ladspa-plugin-directory and other paths for the
same thing, etc. It would avoid problems such as the one I had with ALSA...