Re: [ecasound] remove white noise from WAV file?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] remove white noise from WAV file?
From: Bob Billson (reb@theshed.dhs.org)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 06:09:04 EEST

On Sun, Jul 23, 2000 at 11:36:22AM +0300, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> some things you could try. For instance, try lowpass filtering the audio.
> Something like "ecasound -i file.wav -o filtered.wav -efl:10000". That

Thanks, Kai! I'll give it a try.

The noise I am trying to filter is broadband whitenoise. So maybe dnoi, dnr
or anoi will be the better choice.

Apparently, when the recording was made the mike was not close enough to the
people speaking. So the tape recorder's automatic gain was running wide-open.
I'm willing to sacrifice fidelity of the voices in order to extract what they
are saying. It is an interesting challenge. :-)

Keep up the good work on ecasound! Being a relative audio-newbie, I've been
lurking quietly following the list. Very interesting! Thanks again!

                 bob

--
        bob billson       email: bob@goleader.com       ham: kc2wz
                                 reb@theshed.dhs.org