[ecasound] splitting ecasound

Subject: [ecasound] splitting ecasound
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 13:41:58 EEST

Ecasound is getting bigger all the time, and the current binary-rpm is
starting to be a bit too big. One way to solve this would be to split
console-related and qt-related stuff in separate packages. Binary packages
are already separate, so this would only affect the source
packages. Ecasound, libecasound and ecatools would remain in the current
source tree, while qtecasound and libqtecasound would have their own dist
package. Ecawave would continue to be a totally separate app.

Opinions?

PS This might also help people to understand, what ecasound really is.
   Lots of people think that either a) ecasound is just another Qt-app,
   or b) it's just console mode tool for converting sound files. The
   latter one was how a certain Finnish computer magazine described
   ecasound. ;)
PPS Ecasound now and then reaches the top-100 list at sourceforge.net! :)
    You can see the list at ...
    http://sourceforge.net/top/toplist.php?type=pageviews_proj
    You won't see ecasound in the other stat pages because
    ecasound's mailing lists and primary file servers are not
    at sourceforge.net ... oh, well, vanity, I know, but I just can't
    help myself. I have to check the latest top-100 listing every day. ;D

--
Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> ---------------- CS, University of Turku .
 . audio software for linux .. http://www.eca.cx 		 .