Re: [ecasound] filtering noises

Subject: Re: [ecasound] filtering noises
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 20:16:15 EEST

On Mon, 29 May 2000, Rene Windiks wrote:

> how one can filter background noises from a certain wav file
> using ecasound/ecawave?

It's really hard to give detailed guide lines for this. If the
noise is limited to narrow spectrum area, you can use ecasound's
filters (bandpass, bandreject, etc) to filter out that range.
If the noise is spread around the spectrum, you're better of
trying Matti Koskinen's denoi, dnr and anoi utils (see
http://www.linuxsound.at ).

> Another simple question: How can I fade in/fade out such
> that a sound track does not start and stop abruptly?

Ecawave 0.2.2r2 now supports fade-in and fade-out. If you want
to do it with ecasound:

fade-in (5 seconds):
 ecasound -i orig-file.wav -o orig-with-fade.wav -ea:100 -kl:1,0,100,5

fade-out (100 sec passed + 5 sec fade-out):
 ecasound -i orig-file.wav -o orig-with-fade.wav -ea:100 -kl2:1,100,0,100,5

> Did somebody write a tuturial for a very beginner?

Not yet - volunteers, step forward. :)

--
Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> ---------------- CS, University of Turku .
 . audio software for linux .. http://www.eca.cx 		 .