Re: [ecasound] -a:<...> command freezing... tracking down prob.

Subject: Re: [ecasound] -a:<...> command freezing... tracking down prob.
From: Jon Guerin (jguerin@home.com)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 19:57:32 EEST

Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> On Sat, 13 May 2000, Jon Guerin wrote:
>
> > running chains that used the -a:<name> command. After ecasound starts,
> > it freezes after displaying the ecasound banner. This is what happens
> [...]
> > all worked fine, up to 1.6.12. 1.6.12 worked too, but as soon as
> > I switched up to 1.7.x, the problem started happening. Were there any
> > large changes in the source for the 'adding chains' section? Running the
> > debug, it looks like everything worked fine until ... "(eca-chainsetup)
> > Interpreting setup, with args "-a:setup", "" ". After that line,
>
> I haven't been able to reproduce this bug. What versions of glibc, kernel,
> libstdc++, ALSA, etc are you using (use 'ldd ecasound')?
>
> To debug what's happening, compile ecasound for debugging...:
>
> ./configure --enable-debug
> make
> make install
> gdb ecasound_debug
> r -a:main -i input.wav -o /dev/dsp
> [when it freezes, ctrl-c]
> bt
>
> Mail the resulting backtrace to me, and I'll have a look.
>
> --
> Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> ---------------- CS, University of Turku .
> . audio software for linux .. http://www.eca.cx .
> . armchair-tunes mp3/wav/ra . http://www.wakkanet.fi/sculpscape .

Backtrace results say that it hopped through all of the eca code okay. At
step #6 it says "0x804c59b in main()". At step 7, the program freezes... bt
says "#7 0x403bf9cb in __libc_start_main () at
../sysdeps/generic/libc-start.c:122". Does this mean there's a problem with
libc?

Here's an attatched output of ldd ecasound-debug...

Thanks.

ldd_out