Re: [ecasound] Chorus, flanger, phaser

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Chorus, flanger, phaser
From: Remco Poelstra (rjpoelstra@home.nl)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 06:32:07 EEST

Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> > And another question, (I think esspacially to Kai), do you've problems
> > with Pascal code in ecasound?
>
> Hmm, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this...? If you are talking
> about adding components written in pascal to ecasound, it ain't easy. The
> fundamental problem is that ecasound's design is heavily object-oriented.
> If you don't want to write C++ code, it's probably easier to fork ecasound
> on the background, and use the ia-mode.

Well, I want to develop some new effects, especially to calculated 3d
sound, but I don't like C++ much. So I thought, Pascal is also object
oriented (AFIAK) and other people would be able to use the effects as
well, wenn I would program them in ecasound. I'll see what I'll do with
it,and I'll take a better look at the LAD website, since I couldn't find
that it's also possible to develop effects, without knowing C++.

Thanks for the replies to the other part of the mail,

Remco Poelstra