Re: [ecasound] problems compiling ecasound

Subject: Re: [ecasound] problems compiling ecasound
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 11:38:47 EEST

On Sat, 8 Apr 2000, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> I just downloaded through cvs the new ecasound snapshot and tried to build
> it on peppy. My normal build machine is pongo, but I decided to build on
> peppy today. I made sure that libtool was installed, and proceded to do a
[...]
> ./configure --disable-qt --disable-alsa
[...]
> [root@Peppy ecasound]# make
[....]
> checking for main in -laudiofile... (cached) no
> automake: configure.in: required file `./missing' not found
> make[2]: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
[...]
> now I do not know why libaudiofile isn't found, maybe it also isn't
> installed, I'll go install that.

The above error happens quite often, but is nothing serious. Just
rerun 'make' and it should work. As for libaudiofile, don't forget
to remove the autoconf cache files (config.cache) after installing.

--
Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> ---------------- CS, University of Turku .
 . audio software for linux ...	http://www.eca.cx 		 .