Re: [ecasound] libstdc++ for ecawave

Subject: Re: [ecasound] libstdc++ for ecawave
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 20:59:39 EET

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Remco Poelstra wrote:

> ecasound with oss emulation (but it was faster in anyway). When I now
> try -i alsa,0,0 -o alsa,0,0
> I get the error:
> * ecasound v1.6.12r10 (C) 1997-2000 Kai
[...]
> ERROR: [AUDIOIO-ALSA] : "unable to open ALSA-device for recording;
> error: Invalid argument"
[...]
> What is wrong? aplay works fine and the mixers too (Line in was set to
> capture).

What version of ALSA? The above error message comes from ecasound's
ALSA pcm-v1 module. This works with ALSA versions 0.3.x and 0.4.x,
but not with the new 0.5.x series. ALSA version is determinated in
the configure script ==> if you have 0.5.x ALSA, you have to recompile
ecasound.

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux multitrack audio processing