Re: [ecasound] tracking with ecasound 1.6.12

Subject: Re: [ecasound] tracking with ecasound 1.6.12
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 22:07:06 EET

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> also ecasound seems to open all inputs then promptly close them. This is
> somewhat annoying if you're trying to feed it a named pipe. One has to

Hmm, this initial open-close is used for finding out the file length
(otherwise length seems to be 0 until you connect the setup). But I
understand this can problems. I now updated the audio classes so that
files aren't closed between constructing and the real open call. I'll
put it in the CVS... it should now work better with named pipes.

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux multitrack audio processing