Re: [ecasound] ecasound latency

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound latency
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 10:12:50 EET

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Remco Poelstra wrote:

> My ecasound version is 1.6.7r7. I've ab SB Live! with the creative open
> source drivers (emu10k1.o). I just type: ecasound -c -b:16 -i /dev/dsp
> -o /dev/dsp
> The difference between -b:16384 and -b:16 is very small.

Hmm, have you tested this with other Linux apps? You could try some
other realtime effect processing app
( http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/linuxsound/ ) to see whether the
problem is with ecasound or SBLive's OSS drivers.

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux multitrack audio processing