Re: [ecasound] how to properly handle CVS

Subject: Re: [ecasound] how to properly handle CVS
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 17:45:03 EET

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> Thanks. I'll give it a try. Will this make my CVS repository pure?

It should.

> After a new co, can't I just type make in my build tree and it will
> automatically only build what it wants to, or must I make clean,
> configure, then make each time I pull the sources?

This is where autoconf/automake comes hand. After you update your
source tree, plain 'make' in the obj-dir is enough. If you need to
rerun configure, make will take care of this (it even remembers to
run '../configure'). There are some (rare) cases, where you need
to run 'make clean'.

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux multitrack audio processing