Re: [ecasound] problems with mpg123

Subject: Re: [ecasound] problems with mpg123
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 07:36:28 EET

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> yes I know, but mpg123 is told to start at point N inside the mp3
> file. Why doesn't ecasound start feeding mpg123 or whatever plays the
> signal from point N

Hmm, it took me a while, but now I understand what you and Arto mean.
This might work, but as mpg123 currently handles mp3 files directly,
I'd have to rewrite much of the mp3-input code. Frame boundaries would
have to be dealt with among other things...

> and what does ecasound do with VBR?

It will mess up mp3 position info, but otherwise it's up to mpg123 to
handle them correcly.

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux multitrack audio processing