[ecasound] what is wrong with this?

Subject: [ecasound] what is wrong with this?
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall@uu.net )
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 00:59:43 EET

Hello,

Although I recognize the efl and efh filters can be inaccurate, I am
examining this sequence.

ecasound -c
cs-add newsetup
c-remove
-a:1,2 -i /tmp/in.raw -o /tmp/out.raw -a:1 -efl:120 -ev -a:2 -efh:120
cs-connect newsetup
es
/* look at the output and adjust appropriately */
c-select 1
-ea:185

/* because we have the same input and output going to two chains,
amplitude is slackened. */

c-select 1,2
-ev

now we want to look at amplitude statistics and apply a global ea to the
whole thing so that it is operating at 100% amplitude without overdriving

although you can now c-select both channels, adding the effect seems to
only effect channel 1. I cannot apply two -ev effects because then I
would lose on things--music and movies etc are dynamic. I ned a -ev for
both channels, not two separate ones.

thoughts?

_J