Re: [ecasound] 1.6.10d10: slow response time

Subject: Re: [ecasound] 1.6.10d10: slow response time
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 18:45:01 EET

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> I'm running 1.6.10d10 and am seeing slow response time to changing things
> on the fly, like adding effects etc. It takes upwards of 3 seconds to add
> -etf effect.

Yes this was quick'n'dirty fix to some realtime scheduling issues
(short delays caused race-conditions between threads). Anyway, I've
managed to fix this in 1.6.11d10. The fix is already in ecasound CVS
(more about this later - anon-CVS not working at the moment).

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux audio processing