Re: [ecasound] full duplex

Subject: Re: [ecasound] full duplex
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall@uu.net )
Date: Wed Oct 27 1999 - 19:08:52 EEST

hmmm

my card has /dev/dsp0 as a read/write device, and/dev/dsp1 as a write-only
device. These are two separate devices with two separate outputs. What I
want is to read from /dev/dsp0, then write some stuff back to it.

I am seeing delays when I attempt to multitrack record, for example, if I
have 5 tracks, and I record them in succession, first record track 1. play
track1 and record track2. play tracks 1&2, record track 3, etc.

If I take this approach, visible delays occur between track1 and track5.
The latter tracks always get slower and lag behind the lower numberred
tracks.

It appears to be directly related to the buffer size.

_J