Re: [ecasound] the enm effect

Subject: Re: [ecasound] the enm effect
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Wed Oct 06 1999 - 22:14:56 EEST

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> I am trying to use the enm effect, but am having trouble determining which
> values t use. The manpage suggests that the first parameter is a

Yes, it's quite hard to find optimal parameters for this effect.

> -enm:threshold_level_%,th_time,attack,hold,release
> I tried to run -ev over the part I wanted to be muted, then multiply by a
> hundred and put it in to the parameters, but this resulted in instant
> deactivation of the gate, only allowing peeks that reached 100% through.

Hmm, "-ev" gives the maximum multiplier with which the signal can be
amplified without clipping. So you can't use this value directly.

I often use "-enm:18,20,50,50,50" myself. You'll have to experiment
with this a bit.

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux audio processing