[ecasound] linking against ecaLibraries and accessing audio files directly

Subject: [ecasound] linking against ecaLibraries and accessing audio files directly
From: Kali Griffin (kgriffin@cs.oberlin.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 21 1999 - 18:49:25 EEST

I am trying to compile the ecatool source code. When I do this, I get the
error, "no such file or directly" on all the header files. I am trying to
link with the -l flag, libecasound.so and libkvutils.so in the gcc
command. Is the procedure much more complicated for linking to the
libraries? or should this work.

Also, I tried to write a little application that just initializes the
datatype wavefile. I made a seprate directory from the source, and
trasnferred all the headers that I thought that I needed into the
directory. After I got rid of the, missing .h files messages, I started
to get crazy unrecognized symbol errors. This is probably because I was
not linking against every correct .cpp file. Is there a simple way of
doing this? or do I have to wade through every bit of source code in
order to figure out the complete link order? i looked in your make file
and tried to duplicate the link order for audioio-wave.cpp, but this didnt
work, and just gave me a large string of unrecognized symbol errors. Any
help would be greatly appreciated. if anyone wants to assist me, i'd be
in your debt. if anyone wants to chat, ive made an irc channel called
#eca on effnet where i will sit the whole live-long day. Thanks fer yer
time .
-kali