[ecasound] output speed and stdout

Subject: [ecasound] output speed and stdout
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Mon Sep 06 1999 - 18:18:10 EEST

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Jeremy Hall wrote:

> I got it to compile, but I am now looking for some type of loopback device
> in OSS, or the ability to write with correct timing. I have multiple
[...]
> working. I can feed a named fifo off to the transmission program, but if
> ecasound sends at faster than real-time, I get overruns on the receiver,
> and I spike the bw used on my ethernet hub. Do you have suggestions?

I'd like to know more about your setup and ecasound's role
in all this? Anyway, you can synchronize std-output to realtime
by using an extra OSS-output target... So something like..:

ecasound -a:1,2 -i input_file.wav \
         -a:1 -o stdout \
         -a:2 -o /dev/dsp

... will write data to stdout at real-time speed.

--
Kai Vehmanen ----------------------------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 : email                                 mailto:kaiv@wakkanet.fi