Re: [ecasound] help with error reading on audio playback

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvlists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 14 2020 - 12:11:53 EET

Hey,

On Tue, 21 Jan 2020, Vyvyan Mar wrote:

>> ecasound -i file.wav -o alsa
>>  this is the output: http://ix.io/27ZO, what is it saying exactly?
> libsndfile solved the problem. Was this the only solution. I've
> definitely used ecasound before with out having to add libsndfile?

sorry for late response. Your file was not a standard RIFF WAVE file and
ecasound's internal wav parser can only handle the traditional variants.

So using libsndfile is the right solution in this case. I have no plans to
extend the internal parser anymore, but rather switch completely over to
libsndfile at some point.

Br, Kai