Re: [ecasound] Finding lv2 plugins

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvlists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 13 2020 - 18:33:28 EET

Hi,

On Tue, 14 Jan 2020, allfifthstuning@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> I've managed to compile the latest Git version by doing this in the code directory:
> autoconf configure.ac
> This yields some error messages, but then:
>
> autoreconf --install

that indeed works. The git-tree actually has "autogen-vc.sh" script that
you can use to do this (this is documented in brief at
http://nosignal.fi/ecasound/download.php but not in any of the READMEs,
so not so obvious to find).

> Last question for now: How can I read the minumum/maximum value for
> every setting of a plugin, so I know what to adjust when I use a plugin?

There might be other tools to get metadata from LV2 plugins (like
'analyzeplugin' for LADSPA), but with ecasound, you can use "map-lv2-list"
ECI command in interactive mode. The output is not very user-friendly
(it's primarily intented for app/scripts to parse) but it does print a
comma-separate list of all the parameters and their lower and upper
bounads, among other things.

Br, Kai