Re: [ecasound] Adding lv2 plugins

From: <allfifthstuning@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 06 2019 - 09:21:58 EET

Hi Hans,

allfifthstuning@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> There are three things where I would like to ask advice on:
>
> 1. What is the best route / strategy to manage punch in and outs (besides practicing harder and making less errors... ;-) )?
>
>    In general a track would look something like this:
>
>      - Part 1 0-a seconds
>
>      - Part 2 a seconds- b seconds
>
>      - Part 3 b seconds - c seconds
>
>      - etc...
>
> All parts pass the same effect chain.

You need to create chains for parts 1, 2 and 3.
Then you need to connect them to another chain
via a loop device. This final chain is where
you need to put the effects.

> Would using ewf files the best way to go or can I manage this directly in a ecs file?

ewf files are no longer necessary, as the capabilities are
available in other ways. Check the man page section with
this heading:
Audio file sequencing - ’audioloop’, ’select’, ’playat’

> 2. How can I add LV2 plugins without having to refer to the website?
>
>   The manual says that I have to include the website from the plugin: https://ecasound.seul.org/ecasound/Documentation/examples.html#LV2 ( https://ecasound.seul.org/ecasound/Documentation/examples.html#LV2 ) Is there an alternative way to do this locally, because I get xruns when having the wifi enabled?

/usr/lib/lv2 contains lv2 plugins available on your system.
AIUI, the URL is not for downloading the plugin, but
provides a way to *name* the plugin.

The lv2ls command only lists plugins in /usr/lib/lv2.

> 3. How can I add a synced metronome as a click track (other then recording a click track)?

There are various metronome plugins, but I don't know about the syncing part.

> Thanks in advance!

You're very welcome. Have fun :-)